FileFindString is a program that searches through numerous ASCII (any text based) files for text strings that you specify. FileFindString then produces a report on the results. FileFindString can be used to analyze or search numerous Numeric Code (NC) files for specific tool usage, coordinates, or even G Code commands. Milling, turning (lathe), Plasma, wire EDM, laser, punch, and even robotic code can usually be analyzed (as long as they are text based).
- Searches through many text based files for strings that you specify
- Searches all files in the specified folder only
- Can search local drives or mapped network drives
- Builds a report on the results
- Report can indicate: files where the string was found or not found, and the number of times found